1. NAU cuts jobs, delays construction: In the face of a $17.3 million budget cut, NAU officials cut 60 jobs and delayed construction on the engineering building.
2. NAU students march in solidarity after shooting: After a freshman student shot and killed one student and injured three others, thousands of students and community members marched on campus to show solidarity. http://bit.ly/1ObS76p
3. Bornstein officially leaves CCC: Leah Bornstein, who served as president at Coconino Community College since 2007, accepted an offer to become president at Aims Community College in Greeley, Colo. http://bit.ly/1IXuSuE
4. CCC board selects presidential finalist: The CCC governing board chose Colleen Smith, a former college president from Texas, to be the next president. http://bit.ly/1QQmRJc
5. NAU tuition, fees top $10,000: NAU in-state students pay more than $10,000 in combined tuition and fees for the 2015-2016 school year. http://bit.ly/1QweILk
6. ABOR to revisit in-state tuition for Dreamers: The Arizona Board of Regents decided to consider in-state tuition rates for students who qualify for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. http://bit.ly/1Mk8tCu
7. NAU to add 620 beds for upperclassmen: The Arizona Board of Regents approved an on-campus housing complex that will provide 620 beds and on-campus parking. http://bit.ly/1GoGwwY
8. Cheng readies plan for new revenue to NAU: Cheng offered new revenue options for NAU after the $17.3 million cut, including differential tuition rates, year-round academic programs and an increased focus on online instruction. http://bit.ly/1zOsRN3
9. Cheng receives performance incentives: Cheng received a total of $40,000 in bonuses for performance and goal completion. http://bit.ly/1QQnm5Y
10. NAU students list demands: NAU students delivered a list of 22 demands, including demands for gender-neutral bathrooms, training on hate speech and an ethnic studies course requirement to NAU administration. http://bit.ly/1N5moQS
The reporter can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 556-2249.