• More than 720 501c3 nonprofit organizations across the state, from small hyper-local volunteer-run agencies to major organizations with widespread presence, have registered and been vetted for participation in Arizona Gives Day, a 24-hour online fund-raising event benefiting Arizona charities.
• Arizona Gives Day is an annual, statewide day of giving that invites Arizonans to support their favorite causes or by donating to charities that match their personal beliefs and interests.
• Hosted by the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits and Arizona Grantmakers Forum, and presented by FirstBank, Arizona Gives Day 2018 raised more than $3.2 million for nonprofit organizations statewide, and more than $13.4 million since its inception in 2013.
WHEN: From 12:01 a.m. through midnight on Tuesday, April 2.
• More than 720 501c3 nonprofit organizations providing services in Arizona
• Sponsors: Presenting Sponsor: FirstBank; Platinum Sponsor: Matson Money;Silver Sponsors: Arizona Community Foundation, BHHS Legacy Foundation, Freeport McMoRan Foundation, Hickey Family Foundation, Intel Corporation, Thunderbirds Charities, Vitalyst Health Foundation; CCopper Sponsors: Community Foundation for Southern Arizona, The Keith Family Fund, Salt River Project, Southwest Gas, Tucson Electric Power/Unisource Energy Services; Bronze Sponsors: Sechler Morgan, CPAs, mailing.com.
WHERE: Giving happens at AZGives.org; events are planned throughout the state
WHY: Local nonprofits are counting on the community’s support during this 24-hour period of giving. Registered nonprofits are eligible to win a portion of the $180,000 in cash prizes. 86 prizes are available, and many nonprofits are holding events and offering matching gifts during Arizona Gives Day. Selected events for Arizona Gives Day are below.
Lowell Observatory; Lowell Observatory AZ Gives Day Live Feed on April 2, 2019. at 12, 1, 2 3, 4 and 5 p.m.
Event Location: Online; Live feed each hours for 5 minutes on Lowell's FB page.
The Hopi Foundation; The Hopi Foundation Arizona Gives Day Donor Appreciation Luncheon & Pledge Drive on April 1, 2019. From 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Event Location: Pending
Event Description: We wish to thank our donors and community for their continued support of our organization and programs by providing a free lunch of Indian Tacos. We are also hosting resource booths to educate new donors and provide an opportunity to become more engaged while simultaneously encouraging continued support by asking for pledges.
Flagstaff Youth Chorale; April 2, 2019 from 5-7 p.m. at Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar, 413 N. San Francisco St.
Event Description: Join the Flagstaff Youth Chorale in a night filled with music and fun. Each choir will be performing as well as individual acts and a sing-along, so arrive with a warmed-up voice! We also have a variety of wonderful silent auction items and an Arizona Gives Day donation station. If you are unable to attend our fun event, please donate to support the youth chorale at: www.azgives.org/flagstaffyouthchorale. Donations to FYC will help our non-profit organization with providing scholarships, concert venue costs and general operating costs. The mission of the Flagstaff Youth Chorale is to provide music education for Flagstaff area youth from 1st through 12th grade and to participate in a variety of performance opportunities, and music enrichment activities under professional choral direction. Our vision is to create a foundation for a life-long involvement with music.