To take stock of the first-timer employment landscape, WalletHub compared more than 100 different types of entry-level positions based on 13 key metrics. The data set ranges from median starting salary to projected job growth by 2026 to median tenure with employer.
Best vs. Worst
- Tax attorneys have the highest average starting salary, $97,559, which is 5.9 times higher than that of a college teaching assistant, the job with the lowest at $16,622.
- Employee-relations specialists have the highest income growth potential, 6.4, which is 3.6 times higher than that of a bank teller, the job with the lowest at 1.8.
- Benefits administrators have the longest median tenure with their employers, 6.4 years, which is 2.1 times higher than that of a certified occupational therapist assistant, the job with the shortest at 3.0 years.
- Certified occupational therapist assistants have the highest projected job growth by 2026, 28.9 percent.
- Although web-application developers are among the 10 best entry-level jobs, computer operators have the grimmest job outlook, with 22.8 percent of jobs in the field projected to be cut by 2026.
For the full report, please visit: