3300 E. Sparrow Ave.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
About Northland Preparatory Academy
Northland Prep is a public, college prep charter school serving 640 students in Grades 6-12. Founded in 1996, NPA has a highly successful track record in preparing students for college admission and success.
- Excellent Medical and Dental Insurance
- Arizona State Retirement System
- Competitive Salaries
Are You, Northland Prep, and Flagstaff a Match?
Come join a vibrant learning community in a beautiful mountain setting! Northland Preparatory Academy is a public charter school in Flagstaff leading 640 students in Grades 6-12 through a rigorous college prep curriculum. Find out more about why we are one of top schools in the nation (US News & World Report, Newsweek) by sending us your resume and beginning a dialogue.
Northland Prep seeks passionate, knowledgeable educators who are ready to take on the challenge of our mindset, which is that a teacher’s job is not simply to teach and offer students an opportunity to learn – it is to ensure that students learn.
If that describes you, then ask yourself:
- Why would you invest yourself in attempting to teach upwards of 30 students in a class when you can actually teach 20?
- Why be another face in the crowd in a large district when you can be a central partner in a tight-knit team of educators helping students truly achieve success?
Why Northland Prep?
- A CULTURE OF LEARNING – We have a 99.8% cumulative graduation rate since our founding in 1996 and over 95% of our graduates go on to college. Students leave NPA ready for college and careers.
- SMALL CLASS SIZES – The typical NPA teacher has five class sections of 20 students or fewer, one class advisory/study supervision section, and prep time. Teachers get to focus on teaching.
- ENGAGED STUDENTS – Our students are comfortable with high expectations and rigorous academics. They encourage each other to succeed and participate. Students are active in the classroom and in extra curriculars.
- AN ACTIVE SCHOOL COMMUNITY – As a small charter school, our families are invested in the school by choice. Parents are partners and contribute time and energy into classrooms. Teachers are supported.
- COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS—Our salary schedule is competitive and we offer health and retirement benefits. The health and well-being of our staff is essential. NPA cares about our faculty and staff.
- A gorgeous mountain setting with four seasons
- Great outdoor activities – hiking, biking, climbing, skiing, snowboarding
- A small city that’s not small-minded – open to a world of tourists and open-minded diversity
- Home to Northern Arizona University — opportunities for continuing your education
- Learn more about Flagstaff at http://www.flagstaffarizona.org/ and http://www.flagstaffchamber.com/
Job Openings (i.e. Title, Pay, Job Location, Description, Requirements, Where to Apply, Application Deadline, and any other pertinent information):
- Full Time Middle/High School Math Teacher – must be Highly Qualified
- Substitute Teachers – Bachelor’s Degree and AZ Fingerprint Clearance required
See http://www.northlandprep.org/homepage/employment-2/ for application information and salary schedule.