An El Mirage family of four staying at a cabin in Parks has been found dead of possible carbon monoxide poisoning.
According to the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office, a deputy conducted a welfare check Monday after a friend of the family had been unable to reach them for several days. The deputy reported a strong odor of gas coming from the home.
Additional units were requested, and Ponderosa Fire Department was notified and asked to respond.
At 1:43 p.m. Ponderosa Fire units arrived on scene. Fire personnel put on protective breathing equipment to enter the cabin.
They located four deceased individuals inside the cabin. They are identified as Anthony and Meaghan Capitano, both 32, Lincoln Capitano, 4, and Kingsley Capitano, 3, all of El Mirage.
At this time, the Coconino County Sheriff's Office is investigating the incident as possible carbon monoxide poisoning. The Medical Examiner’s Office will be conducting further investigations.